The Didi Creative Fund aims to provide an opportunity for self-identifying South Asian, Tamil women and gender diverse folks to pursue new creative opportunities or supporting existing creative work. The funds could support the following:
- Buying art supplies and materials
- Enrolling in a course
- Purchasing digital creative tools
- Securing physical space
- Attending a writing retreat or program
- Hosting an event, workshop, webinar or program
AMOUNT AWARDED: Two $500 grants
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31 at 5 p.m. EST
- Must reside in Canada
- Must be 18 or over in age
- For self-identifying South Asian, Tamil women and gender diverse folks
- Can be an individual artist or part of a collective
- Can be an artist/s practicing any artistic discipline including visual, performance, literary and craft
- Cannot be serving on the founding team or boards of the fund’s patrons: Didihood, South Asian and Tamil Women’s Collective and Tamil Women Rising
- Can apply for a project at any stage of the lifecycle – idea to near completion
HOW TO APPLY:
Fill out this application online.
Please note that you will need to upload links from your portfolio, and provide a profile photo and short bio.
Once you’ve completed the form, you will receive a confirmation receipt. Successful fund recipients will be contacted on July 13th.
South Asian and Tamil Women’s Collective
Tamil Women Rising
INTERESTED IN BEING A PATRON?
We’d love to hear from you, please contact us at email@example.com. The Didi Creative Fund aims to bolster the creative sector in the Canadian South Asian community by encouraging and funding the work of new and tenured artists who self-identify as South Asian, Tamil women and gender diverse folks.